YEP Group 1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YEP Group 1

This is a forum I created for our group, just to give it a try.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project feedback to Office

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project feedback to Office Empty Project feedback to Office Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 pm

henko

Admin

info of project feedback as sent to office

2Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Sun May 29, 2011 7:45 am

Zula

Admin

What Minh send to Michael:
Dear Micheal,
I'm Hang, from ths time I take chagrge of a group leader, so I will keep in touch with you everyweek
Firstly, we decided our group name. It is Wayartok = is at work / in full activity (comes from the Inuit word)
Secondly, we are on the way to consider carefully all ideas to promote a project. we count on a project that not only performs practical activties but also raises awareness of youth.
Sincerely,
Minh Hang

What do you think about sharing this forum with Micheal so that he could see how we communicate?

https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com

3Project feedback to Office Empty forum link to Michael Mon May 30, 2011 12:03 pm

henko

Admin

good suggestion Zula!

I think we should ask Michael to join the forum - this will give him an opportunity to comment as well
@ Phoebe - shall we delegate this task to Zula or will you do it ?

4Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Mon May 30, 2011 4:22 pm

phoebe

Admin

since this ideas belongs to Zula, Im willing to let her invite him. ^o^

5Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Mon May 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Zula

Admin

Done Smile

6Project feedback to Office Empty soem ideas for 2nd feedback to office Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 am

henko

Admin

Time for our 2nd feedback to the office!

What shall we include?

research done
topics covered
contact made with...
goal of our project
project proposal
more detail of our proposal
problems we see in our proposal
needs for realising our proposal
way forward:
what we will be working on next
task distribution

7Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 am

phoebe

Admin

I think we should tell him:
1/ project proposal and some other choices ^o^
2/ problems and needs we face
3/ somce voice from locals we contacted
4/ what we will do next

8Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Zula

Admin

Dear Phoebe!
Did you already send an update message to Michael? I realise it is +5 hours in Vietnam and you couldn't wait for all of us to reply in this topic...
You sent it or not, I would like to add something from me. In my opinion this feedback should include:
- ways of communication in our group
- problems&needs of our proposals
- research we carried our, contact we made, proposals we sent (highlighting the contribution of work)
- our plans for the next week
If you haven't sent anything and you would prefer me to do it - don't hesitate to write Smile I'm really sorry that you are 'discriminated' because of these time differences...

9Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

phoebe

Admin

Dear Henko
I havent replied him yet.
Because I am trying to read carefully all the research as well your and Zula's proposal.
If you prefer, I am so grateful to ask ur help. ^o^
It is so nice of you to help me.

10Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Zula

Admin

Hey Phoebe Wink It was actually me who wrote last message, not Henko, but it doesn't really matter Smile. I don't want to 'steal' your job, it's just that I'm concerned about your amount of sleep (isn't it 2 o'clock in the morning in Vietnam now?!). So don't worry, I will send the update e-mail to Michael!

By the way - I managed to call Rici, she's all right, fine, she just didn't check her mailbox Wink. I hope she will answer us soon!

11Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:02 pm

phoebe

Admin

oh Zula, you are so touching. T^T
Don't think it is a stealing activities. ^o^ everybody can take charge of this duty.
I wait for ur work.
Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mad Mad

12Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Zula

Admin

Dear Michael!
On the behalf of Team 1 - Wayartok I am writing this update message. We all hope it will be satisfying!
During last two weeks we working a lot on research on the region of Nunavut. We gathered information from various sources: from older Young Explorers, especially those who took part in Magnetic North Pole Expedition (Henko wrote to every of them, I keep in touch with Saskia) but not only - we wanted to determine what is expected from our project, drawing on experience of other YE. Tiziana from Switzerland also helped us!
Than we contacted many institutions from Nunavut. Henko wrote to Eugene Kabluitok from Rankin Inlet, the program coordinator for Kivalliq Inuit Association, mister Marvin McKay-Keenan, the principal of Kugluktuk High School and Moshi Kotierk, consultant for the Department of Education. He got some fantastic feedback (all e-mail replies from the locals are posted on our forum: https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com/t36-research-email-replies-from-inuit-locals ). I was less fortunate. I wrote to Qikiqtani Inuit Association, mister Lynch Wayne who works for the Department of Fishing and Sealing of the Government of Nunavut, Inuit Youth Leader's in Nunavut, the Roundtable for Poverty Reduction and eventually to the principals of 8 schools from Nunavut, but got any feedback just from two of them: mister Marvin McKay-Keenan and mister Vince Pickett, the principal of Ataguttaaluk High School. We send them a questionnaire for the pupils to answer, but unfortunately their school year ended already. We are still waiting for any personal contact with youths, as mister Pickett promised to pass them my e-mail address.
In our research, we used more 'stereotypical' sources as well Smile - this means local newspapers, blogs, forums, but also governmental websites or web pages of schools, communities, organisations. We visited hundreds of websites to cover topics like: recycling and waste disposal, water, harvesting in Nunavut, Inuit culture, social problems, animals life, the impact of climate changes on the lives of Inuits and on animals as well, mining, hunting, Northwest Channel, tourism in Nunavut and many, many others.
By today, three of us could present their project proposals to the others. https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com/t38-group-members-proposals-for-possible-projects - you can find them all here, but I know we all send you an e-mail with our proposals attached. We are facing some problems in our work: ............................. what should I write here? What about mentioning that it is difficult to plan a project without knowing the exact destination?
Currently we are discussing the results of our work. We communicate via forum and compare ideas. By the end of the weekend we will have the final project proposal done and focus on what?

Please help me finish this message! Smile I would also add that we finally contacted Rici by calling her and that we are waiting for her soon answer.

13Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:36 pm

henko

Admin

Dear Michael!

On behalf of Team Wayartok, I am writing this 2nd update message. We all hope it will be satisfying!

During the last two weeks we did a lot of research on the region of Nunavut. We gathered information from various sources: from older Young Explorers, especially those who took part in Magnetic North Pole Expedition (Henko wrote to every one of them, I keep in touch with Saskia) but not only them - we wanted to determine what is expected from our project, drawing on experience of other YE. Tiziana from Switzerland also helped us!

Than we contacted many institutions from Nunavut. Henko wrote to Eugene Kabluitok from Rankin Inlet, the program coordinator for Kivalliq Inuit Association, mister Marvin McKay-Keenan, the principal of Kugluktuk High School and Moshi Kotierk, consultant for the Department of Education. He got some fantastic feedback (all e-mail replies from the locals are posted on our forum: https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com/t36-research-email-replies-from-inuit-locals ). I was less fortunate. I wrote to Qikiqtani Inuit Association, mister Lynch Wayne who works for the Department of Fishing and Sealing of the Government of Nunavut, Inuit Youth Leader's in Nunavut, the Roundtable for Poverty Reduction and eventually to the principals of 8 schools from Nunavut, but got any feedback just from two of them: mister Marvin McKay-Keenan and mister Vince Pickett, the principal of Ataguttaaluk High School. We sent them a questionnaire for the pupils to answer, but unfortunately their school year ended already. We are still waiting for any personal contact with youths, as mister Pickett promised to pass them my e-mail address.

In our research, we used more 'stereotypical' sources as well - this means local newspapers, blogs, forums, but also governmental websites or web pages of schools, communities, organisations. We visited hundreds of websites to cover topics like: recycling and waste disposal, water, harvesting in Nunavut, Inuit culture, social problems, animals life, the impact of climate changes on the lives of Inuits and on animals as well, mining, hunting, Northwest Channel, tourism in Nunavut and many, many others.

By today, three of us could present our project proposals to the others. https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com/t38-group-members-proposals-for-possible-projects - you can find them all here, but I know we all sent you an e-mail with our proposals attached.

We are facing some challenges in planning our final project proposal - we can plan in general , but final decisions will have to be made once the selected YEP expedition team members know exactly to which destination they will be visiting. Our research has shown that all Nunavut communities struggle with certain social issues ( youth drugs, alcohol, suicide, low self-esteem) , but the facilities & equipment available differs from each community. We can adjust our final project to include sport equipment donations as per the specific community requirements.

Currently we are discussing the results of our work. We communicate via our group forum and compare ideas. By the end of the weekend we will have the final project proposal done and focus on fundraising ideas , project logo design & on the preparation of our Power Point Presentation.

We finally reached Rici by calling her on telephone & asking/ motivating for her input.

We trust this feedback will put you at ease regarding Team Wayartok.

Regards

14Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Zula

Admin

It's sent!

15Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:04 pm

henko

Admin

@ Hang - plse confirm if feedback message to Michael was sent on Friday 10/6 - thanks!

16Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:42 pm

phoebe

Admin

group1 - weekly update - 10/6/2011

Dear Michael,

Wow, It is so happy and eager to find that there are only 2 days left before we can gather in Switzerland.
My report today will focus on the progress of final proposal.
Finally, after discussing and contributing enthusiastically, our group nearly reach a complete proposal. We design a whole week full of environmental activities. The key point during this week is a 3-day field trip with the locals.The field trip is decribed as a open forum for Nunavut youth and YEP members to share skills and inspire each others. Regarding this field trip as a special award, we want to encourage the whole industrious students to pursuing their study at school. However, due to lack of experiment, we are still managing some problems about organization, facilitation of the whole field trip such as accomodation, food, security, human resource and budget...
Besides, I also write a script for a 3R education session. You can refer it within the attachment. This session is based on my experience in Vietnam where I operated my Fun recycle project. Maybe I will prepare another script for high school students. And I also need to type a simple textbook which mentions some environment issues we can teach the children (climate change, ecology, green tips...). Since I am totally fond of environmental education, I try my best to complete my assignment in project.

Within your last email, you reminded us to coordinate better and develop a practical proposal. Thank you so much for your advices. We enhanced our troubles and are supporting each others as a solidary team now. Henko takes charge of preparing the Power points presentation. Zula is in rush of completing the final proposal. I am looking for some youth contacts in Nunavut. And Rici always raise meaningfull comments for the final proposal. I hope that we can push the whole progress as far and effective as possible.

Hope to see you soon.
Sincerely.
Minh Hang

17Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 pm

phoebe

Admin

do you have any comment?

18Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Zula

Admin

Thanks a lot for this message! I added my comments in this text Smile

Dear Michael,

Wow, It is so happy and eager to find that there are only 2 days left before we can gather in Switzerland.
Finally, after discussing and contributing enthusiastically, our group nearly reach a complete proposal. We planned a 5-day long project, each day full of environmental activities. The key point during this week is a 3-day field trip with the locals.The field trip is decribed as a open forum for Nunavut youth and YEP members to share skills and inspire each other. Regarding this field trip as a special award, we want to encourage the industrious students to pursuing their study at school. However, due to lack of experiment, we are still managing some problems about organization, facilitation of the whole field trip such as accomodation, food, security, human resource and budget...<--- What about: Due to lack of experience and detail knowledge on the final destination of the Expedition, we are still working hard on same cases: accommodation, security, budget of our project.
We also agreed on a logo of our project last week.
Besides, I also write a script for a 3R education session. You can refer it within the attachment. This session is based on my experience in Vietnam where I operated my Fun recycle project. Maybe I will prepare another script for high school students. And I also need to type a simple textbook which mentions some environment issues we can teach the children (climate change, ecology, green tips...). Since I am totally fond of environmental education, I try my best to complete my assignment in project.

Within your last email, you reminded us to coordinate better and develop a practical proposal. Thank you so much for your advices. We enhanced our troubles and are supporting each others as a solidary team now. Henko takes charge of preparing the Power points presentation. Zula is in rush of completing the final proposal. I am looking for some youth contacts in Nunavut. And Rici always raise meaningfull comments for the final proposal. I hope that we can push the whole progress as far and effective as possible.

Hope to see you soon.
Sincerely.
Minh Hang

19Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:19 pm

phoebe

Admin

my email, already sent
cheers

Dear Michael,

Finally, after discussing and contributing enthusiastically, our group nearly reach a complete proposal. We design a whole week full of environmental activities. The key point during this week is a 3-day field trip with the locals.The field trip is decribed as a open forum for Nunavut youth and YEP members to share skills and inspire each others. Regarding this field trip as a special award, we want to encourage the whole industrious students to pursuing their study at school. Due to lack of experience and detail knowledge on the final destination of the Expedition, we are still working hard on same cases: accomodation, food, security, human resource and budget...

Moreovers, for the sake of Henko and Zula's attempt, we concluded our project's logo, which expresses the young spirit and Nunavut symbol. Although we are just amateur designers, but I really feel happy with the whole achievement. Now we just spend time to sketch out some eye-catching poster for youth and creat commercial products.

Hope to see you soon.
Sincerely.
Minh Hang

20Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Zula

Admin

Wow! Thanks a lot! Michael should be satisfied Smile
Good night!

21Project feedback to Office Empty @ team Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:35 am

henko

Admin

@ Hang & Zula - thanks for staying up late & completing the feedback!

I am proud of how we growed as a team & learnt from each other! It was no easy task to do without knowing each other & also because time zones, etc.

But WOW is modern communication technolgy not GREAT??

thanx for every comment & suggestion & contribution - GO team Wayartok!!

22Project feedback to Office Empty Re: Project feedback to Office Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 am

Rici

Admin

Great!!
I don´t know who´s reading this yet.
IN the last week we really worked as a team...
And I´m reaaly looking forward to seee you all and can communicate directly with you:D
@ Henko: The PPts is really great, I never could do such great things with Power Point! You really did a great job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum