YEP Group 1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YEP Group 1

This is a forum I created for our group, just to give it a try.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Education - how to use in our project?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Education - how to use in our project? Empty Education - how to use in our project? Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm

henko

Admin

ways to use education in our project?

My ideas for using education:
Project should be with a school (yep youth - youth)
It should be in a fun way (the kids dont like school...) - games / dance / art / outdoor/ expedition
use YEP website - interactive expedition coverage with nunavut kids following it + be able to ask questions (live streaming)
YEPs' School - Nunavut School ( be in contact & get same tasks & then share it )
field trip : identify problems / species/ survyes
local radio interviews in nunavut to reach homes

Last edited by henko on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zula

Admin

I think I will not respond to what you meant by writing "ways to use education in our project" but there's really no other place I could share this idea:

http://www.edu.gov.nu.ca/apps/authoring/dspPage.aspx?page=75 - this is a link to the website of the Departament of Education in Nunavut, specyfying, to the list of schools in the region of Nunavut with e-mail adresses of principals givven.
Because we have only e-mail adresses of PRINCIAPALS (I don't know how does it look like in your countries, but for me the headmaster of my school is a 'highest instance') I wanted to ask you first: what do you think about contacting them and proposing to start an exchange of e-mails and maybe even a Skype chat with our peers? I would like to ask them following questions:
- How do everyday classes in your school look like?
- What do you concentrate on during lessons of maths, biology, history? Have you got some other subjects, associated with the place where you live?
- What do you do after school?
- Do you think there are enough activities and opportunities for young people in your region? Can you see a lack of some kind of activities?
- Do you think you are close to the Nature? Do you like outdoor activities? Do you work with animals (yes, I AM A 'DOG PERSON' Razz)
- some questions about ecological solutions at school&home
- and many, many others....

Maybe we could ask the principals to distribute among the pupils of their school a questionnaire we would compose? I'm waiting for your feedback!

And something completely different: http://nac.nu.ca/ - Nunavut Arctic College

https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com

3Education - how to use in our project? Empty skype with locals Fri May 27, 2011 5:34 am

henko

Admin

great idea Zula !
I thought we should post some photos of you talking on Skype to Inuit pupils when we make the PPS ? (you + pc screen with them) ?
Maybe this post should be under "ways of gathering information"?

Is the "ways to use education" not meant to refer to when the actual project is done - like in what ways are we going to educate the people?

PS - We dont have skype @ home, but I can go to internet cafe for that. But I would prefer after Monday- writing my last exam , then 200% available for camp prep !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum