YEP Group 1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YEP Group 1

This is a forum I created for our group, just to give it a try.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The name of 'dream-team' = group 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Zula

Admin

Again: I let myself copy all we wrote until now:

Henko: my suggestion: TEAM UBUNTU
In Africa we believe in a concept that I think applies to the YEP & Pangaea community as well – “Ubuntu” - there is not really a synonym to describe the meaning , but Archbishop Desmond Tutu explained: “Ubuntu is the essence of being human. Ubuntu speaks about the fact that you can't exist as a human being in isolation. You can't be human all by yourself, and when you have this quality - Ubuntu - you are known for your generosity. We think of ourselves far too often as just individuals, separated from one another, whereas you are connected and what you do affects the whole world. When you do well, it spreads out; it is for the whole of humanity.”
Zula: Ubuntu is not bad, I like the meaning of the word, but I would go for a name in English or Inuit - it is more universal, referring to the destination of our Expedition (in case of Inuit) or the unity of people of different cultures (English). What do you think?
Rici:I like the name "UBUNTU" too, it has a great meaning.
Henko: Zula - i agree that we get a team name thats more Inuit-like . I just thought of starting off some discussion with "Ubuntu" proposal.

1. so i quickly googled Inuit words & Here is some ideas for our team name: (all please add more if you find an idea you like?)

Wayartok = is at work / in full activity ( comes from the word wagnark = NW wind / favourable wind to travel/ work

Kattimayut = bright light

Kamariyok = takes interest

Kayusiyok = perseveres

Iktumiyok = makes noise / to be

Some other ideas, but looks a bit difficult to pronounce & long:

the concepts of Qaujimajangit, or Inuit Knowledge.

Pijitsirniq ~ the concept of serving.
Aajiiqatigiingniq ~ the concept of consensus decision-making. Pilimmaksarniq ~ the concept of skills and knowledge acquisition.
Piliriqatigiingniq ~ the concept of collaborative relationships or working together for a common purpose.
Avatimik Kamattiarniq~ the concept of environmental stewardship. Naasautit: Inuit Health Statistics respects and recognizes that taking care of the environment is a part of managing Inuit health and well-being.
Qanuqtuurunnarniq~ the concept of being resourceful to solve problems. Naasautit: Inuit Health Statistics enables Inuit to use knowledge in innovative ways to solve problems.
Zula: And about the name of our group - I love your Inuit propositions! Especially wagnark - the favorable wind to travel Smile Some other, more conceptional, are too difficult to pronounce (I don't know how should we....).
Minh Hang: about the name of our group: I confess that I want a simple and easy remembered name, since I dont want to distract others. Smile) I prefer a funny and crazy name, not too complicated pronounced and transcedent meaning one. ^^
but this is just my opinion, we also require time to discuss groupname more deeply. ^^

https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com

2The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty group name Sun May 22, 2011 6:58 pm

henko

Admin

if all of you can name your favorite?

Mine is: Team Wayartok - it sounds good & strong to me & can also be used as name of project base (eventual project building) / "in full activity" meaning - comes from the word wagnark (NW wind- favourable wind to work)

Wayartok - the "tok" part makes the word end strong & with different sound than begining of word (just my opinion)
any other suggestions??

Last edited by henko on Sun May 22, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

3The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty Re: The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Zula

Admin

Wayartok or Wagnark Smile

4The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty Re: The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Sun May 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Zula

Admin

Rici: name: "wagnark" is a goog idea...who knows how to pronounce it?

5The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty Re: The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Wed May 25, 2011 10:58 am

phoebe

Admin

maybe we can mix some word
for example: wayartism = it means sth more than a movement, it a world trend Smile)

6The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty group name Wed May 25, 2011 4:15 pm

henko

Admin

OK time for our 1st vote !

me - Team Wayartok (as said-good base meaning/sounds strong in english as well/can be use in expedition for locals)

7The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty Re: The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Rici

Admin

My vote: Wayartak too....I think a mixed name is too complicated

8The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty Re: The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Zula

Admin

Wayartok for the third time and... voted! Smile

9The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Empty Re: The name of 'dream-team' = group 1 Thu May 26, 2011 5:12 am

phoebe

Admin

Smile
Done. Wayartok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum