YEP Group 1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YEP Group 1

This is a forum I created for our group, just to give it a try.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Planning dates

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project Planning dates Empty Project Planning dates Sun May 22, 2011 6:34 pm

henko

Admin

important dates !!

Friday 27 may 2011 - 1st feedback to michael scholl - informal, name leader, group name, confirm research being done, name group members tasks? name project topic options?

Friday 3 June 2011 - 2nd feedback -

Friday 10 June 2011 - 3rd feedback -

2Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Zula

Admin

Rici:I think only one of us should write this weekly update and send it to Michael Scholl, because that way we show that we work together in our group. Who wants to do this? I also can do this but what should it include? Or is it better if the group leader does this? Who is actually our group leader?

Zula: I agree that only one of us should send a weekly update, but why don't we make it different person each week? (I know one would stay 'backward') 'On the behalf of team; etc.

https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com

3Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 am

Rici

Admin

Yeah thats a great idea...so I would do it this week, if it´s ok?

4Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 am

phoebe

Admin

it s ok if we can take turn. 3 deadline for 3 mems, and the last will be the presentator

5Project Planning dates Empty feedback to Office Wed May 25, 2011 4:11 pm

henko

Admin

Girls, as Michael said in his e-mail - he wants one leader to communicate with him about group project. Its not going to affect the team/ selection at all. Maybe its just easier for him to keep track. I am sure all of us can/ will be able to do it, but lets please the office and do it their way?

so Phoebe if you accept nomination, then you do the 3 feedbacks please if everybody else is Ok with it?

6Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Rici

Admin

Yeah..I think we should do it on Michael´s way...Phoebe you will/would do a good job...I´m sure;D

henko

Admin

Hi Girls!

i was just wondering what your programme looks like for the next 2 weeks?

Maybe we should finalise some dates for our group feedback to this forum?

I offer to do the Power Point Presentation - this i would like to finish 80% before leaving for camp to make the workload @ camp less Wink

If you all agree, I would then need our group final project idea by the latest Monday 6th June.

therefore we need to have chosen our final project idea by Thursday 2nd June

- this will give all of us 3 days to finalise our specific contributions to the project (like research/how to incorporate education/ fundraising/awareness/ etc) so that i can use this in the PPS

this means we all have to give project idea proposals not later than early morning Wednesday 1 June so that we can think about it before final decision on Thursday evening

** 2 more days for research (today - Wednesday) !!

? shall we post the group member name responsible for a specific topic next to that topic in this forum? Zula can you do this for us please? (me - water safety/ shipping NW channel/ water,fresh,salination)

@Phoebe - maybe we should include our project idea + group members responsibilities in this coming Friday's feedback to Michael?
& all please confirm if you agree with dates?

scratch

8Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 30, 2011 5:08 pm

phoebe

Admin

thank Henko for your effort
I think we just group all the research topics into some main topics
for example:
* 1st topic: economy, including all side of import, export, mining, marine, agriculture, industry, energy, problem, risk... (one person take charge)
* 2nd topic: environment, including geography, forest, ocean, weather, natural resource, problem and risk as well, potentiality, pollution, some popular solutions/projects which used to be applied... (2 people take charge, due to its major function)
* 3rd topic: Social life, including education, curriculum, challenges and problems, culture, history, politic... (1 person)

if we summarize like this, we can cover all abt Nunavut.
We know that when promoting a project, it s better to acknowledge the current situations and conditions. Although we just prepare a environment project, we also enhancen some issues such as who will receive benefits, what are their traditions, are there any special points we need to know when approaching, does our project meet their requirements, those let us to research about their social life. Or what is their main career, is this job friendly to environment, how about technique or electricity in Nunavut, how they use energy, how they depend on nature to develop economy. the project should guarantee people's profit. with our violation of their profit, the people in Nunavut totally dont cooperate. that s why we also need to study abt the economic.
Michael also remind that "research, read up and share information on the Nunavut territories, the Inuit culture and their dependence on nature, the northern passage, the ecosystem and environment of the region, etc..."

the more quickly we decide who take up these main topics, the more convinient it is to find a project proposal.

i also find some video clip in youtube, hope it useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWM3qDi1JVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1GUengQGAQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLGymjk2Jsc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLGymjk2Jsc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIsrwrjHoY

Last edited by phoebe on Mon May 30, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Rici

Admin

It´s a great idea to do a structure of the Power Point presentation in advance. I would focus on the third part (social life...). We can add a catagorie...how we will get in contact with the people there or how we will start our project in Nunavut. What do you think about it?

10Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 pm

phoebe

Admin

Thax Rici so much for assuming 3rd topic.
because Henko and Zula have already researched a lot abt envi, I will let you two prepare the 2nd topic, while I am responsible for 1st topic.
I hope we can show some useful results at Thurs night 2/6.

11Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm

henko

Admin

@ rici, please go read on the forum ( https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com/t5-ways-of-gathering-information ) how we are going to gather information, Zula and me have made contact with Nunavut schools and departments...so no need for another topic.

@ phoebe & rici , earlier last week Zula and I clearly stated on what we are going to be doing research on, please see the forum topic on task distrubution ( https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com/t23-task-distribution ) but will post any other information that i get.

Question eagerly waiting for your input on the research topics...there is not much time left- I think it is now time for all to post their information on the forum.

@ phoebe I don't see any reply on the project planning dates? or do i read that thursday is cut-off for all to post & ideas as well?

Last edited by henko on Mon May 30, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Zula

Admin

I thought we made an agreement on dividing the workload the way it was grouped by forum topics? Please, move this discussion to a proper topic, it will be more clear.

About proposed dates: I understand you need some time to prepare the presentation Henko (thanks for doing this!)and it is obvious to me that you must have the most important and basic information by the 6th of June, but... could we have some more time to discuss fundraising strategies? Will you be able to start working on the presentation without this knowledge? It will let us now concentrate on our research.

13Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 pm

henko

Admin

sure fundraising can be one of the last topics added to the pps Smile

14Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 am

phoebe

Admin

In my opinion
1st June is the day that we finalize an project idea proposal.
after that, we began to develop the project with full function such as purpose, fundraise, communication, program, From that moment, we have to seperate workload by 4 positions I concerned in order to perform easily... The first draft must have been done in Tues 7th June

I also know that we already made an agreement about workload before, but I find that nobody notice much about the economic issues, and we just glance at social life issues as well. But 2 topics have a significant effect to our project, to people in Nunavut who we want to aim.

15Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Zula

Admin

Phoebe, do you think we are able to get the final the idea of our project by tomorrow? Do we really need it for tomorrow? Are you ready to present the results of your research and join a discussion/brainstorm (I think that making the agreement on this most important thing about our project should have this form)tomorrow? In my opinion, it is not enough time. I'm still waiting for some feedback from locals I have contacted. I will not manage to prepare a summary of what I know by tomorrow and I can not join the discussion tomorrow.
What do you mean by writing 'develop the project with full function such as purpose'? Isn't the purpose of our project strictly related to the final idea of what we are going to work on? I'm sorry if I have misunderstood something Wink
What's more (sorry!) I will not be able to 'meet' you via Skype or chat on Thursday because of personal reasons (funeral). I hope you understand.

16Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:23 pm

phoebe

Admin

making the agreement on this most important thing about our project should have this form --> sorry I dont understand ur opinion >.<

develop the project with full function such as purpose'? Isn't the purpose of our project strictly related to the final idea

Dear Zula, I also concern about the fundraise, communication, program, beside the purpose. You all know that when reading a project, u want to receive not only the idea of the project but also all related development such as who does this project aim? how does it carry out? what kind of method do we use to transfer the idea to the users? how much is the budget?...

after reading ur email, i find that u will wait for reply from local to conclude ur final dicision. Its not now, right?

So how about others, Henko and Rici?

I myself, after researching Nunavut, think that we should pay attention to waste management and recycling.

17Project Planning dates Empty Re: Project Planning dates Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Zula

Admin

Hey! Smile Sorry for understanding problems. I'll try to write it in a more clear way:
In my opinion we should make the agreement on the final idea of our project all together. I imagine that we may do it by having a Skype conference or a chat. It is the best (and most fluent) way to discuss, I think.
Due to the source of my information (partly the locals - I'm waiting for their feedback) and personal reasons it will take me some more time to present you my idea. This is why I was asking for prolongation of the deadline you proposed.
I also think that the purpose of our project is strictly related to the final idea of what we are going to prepare. We can not pick one without deciding on another, am I right?

18Project Planning dates Empty info to be included in 2nd feedback? Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 pm

henko

Admin

OK, so today (friday) its time for our 2nd feedback to the office!
I have time available to organise all proposals (hopefully) & comments into 1 project for submission - if you agree, i can do this for the team?

Last week they asked for more info after our 1st feedback - so shall we include:

* feedback on teamwork , challenges & contributions
* our project idea
* further task delegation
* issues we are still researching
* further project planning dates

I really think we should submit our draft proposal & ask for Michaels comments ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum