YEP Group 1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YEP Group 1

This is a forum I created for our group, just to give it a try.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leader of our group

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leader of our group Empty Leader of our group Sat May 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Zula

Admin

As usually, copied from our e-mails:

Henko:What do want from a leader?

be able to listen to other members of group
co-ordinate/organise
presentation of project at camp(I dont think it is necsasary for the leader to present the project, we can decide who is the best speaker)
Zula: I would like him to be a well-organized person, who would tie up the work of all others, but, obviously, able to listen to others and not conceited (I bet no-one here is! Wink)
Rici: I just make a proposel now...Henko, Zula, one of you could be the leader of our group!? You two made a good job till now and I think you´re talented in organisation.

https://yepgroup1.forumpolish.com

henko

Admin

Phoebe Would you offer to do this for group 1 project proposal?? [b]

Last edited by henko on Mon May 23, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Leader of our group Empty group leader Mon May 23, 2011 10:05 am

Rici

Admin

henko wrote:Would you offer to do this for group 1 project proposal??

I also think Phoebe would do a good job Smile

4Leader of our group Empty leader's role Mon May 23, 2011 12:54 pm

henko

Admin

looking at Michael's email of today, i think we should have 1 leader as he says, this persons then will comminucate with him/ give feedback & also makes sure that all work gets done.He seems to think the leader must also do the presentation at camp, but maybe we can delegate this to someone who has best skill for it ( Phoebe did you talk at TedX ?? Are you comfortable speaking in English ? It seems as if english is the 2nd/ 3rd language for all of us...

"Dear Young Explorers,

How are you doing?

I received emails with the same question from different people this weekend, so I decided to make it clear.

In my previous message, I said that each group should have a team leader. Any project and any team needs to have a leader. In certain instances, this leader just supervises and is the boss, while in others, this person just makes sure that the work is done. In our case, I do not want a boss! I want to see a team of people, working in harmony and each investing the same amount of time and effort if possible. But we still need someone to coordinate and make sure that the work is done by everyone (including her/himself), and then communicate with me.

So this person, should probably be someone who has more time available than the others, has good coordination skills or wants to develop these, presents an ease at talking in front of an audience or wants to develop this skill, ... but this person will not be given more power or points for that role. This is a coordination team leader.

I hope this helps. Let me know.

Take care and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Michael." Shocked

5Leader of our group Empty Re: Leader of our group Wed May 25, 2011 10:52 am

phoebe

Admin

thank you for your nomination.
I myself prefer to take charge of program management. but it is ok for me to be group leader.
Cause i havent worked through Internet like this before, maybe i will commit some errors. >.<

email quoted
"I propose that we should take up our assignment no matter what kind of project we perform
when managing my project, I used to devide positions like this: + one person takes the charge of a leader to monitor others and push their works(=human resource manager)
+ one carries out the program: including content preparation of each activites, plan or deadline proposal, publication and media post designing....
+ one assumes the communication/PR: control foreign relation, organize events, administrate website and other media mass like fb, clip, TV show.....
+ one undertakes the finance: fundraise, material and facilitation supplier, budget proposal

although 4 of us choose our suitable seats and remember our tasks, we still can do reseach and suggest ideas as well as join other affairs.
This is to prepare in case at least we know who is responsible when the deadline is coming rush.
I myself enjoy the third position as a communicator for project. Anyway we can balance the position and our competences. I can also obtain the second choice. "

I hope we can decide soon, since Micheal also want us to 3. identify a group leader, and distribute tasks and responsibilities to the four members of your group

6Leader of our group Empty Re: Leader of our group Wed May 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Zula

Admin

Phoebe! First of all - it's good to have you back Smile
I think that our project should be feasible during the Expedition (and maybe set up a series of activities conducted by YE). It means that(at least until the presentation) it will not have its own website, will not organize promoting events, will not have Public Relations Wink and so on. That's why in my opinion we can not accept this division of workload that you have proposed. It's just not our scale Wink
Moreover, I think that we should take every final decision together - share our ideas and pick those closest to general view of our group.
But definitely we need a leader responsible for monitoring the work of others and himself/herself, fitting deadlines. Do you accept this nomination? Smile

7Leader of our group Empty Re: Leader of our group Thu May 26, 2011 5:40 am

phoebe

Admin

ok I will try as hard as possible to be a industious leader.
thx for ur truste. I hope that I can coordinate the tasks fluently, since I dont want to behave like giving the order, discipline, pressure. I look forward to a balance combination between us ^o^

8Leader of our group Empty Re: Leader of our group Thu May 26, 2011 6:59 am

henko

Admin

thanks Phoebe!
& dont worry - we are 100% next to you !!

9Leader of our group Empty Re: Leader of our group Thu May 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Zula

Admin

Thank you Phoebe - it's great to have you in our team. And after what Henko wrote: you have our full suport Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum